Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

I love tacky things, I like trashy things too.

Why is it that I can't resist tacky, trashy things? I love them.

Recently, I was having a conversation with a man with whom I am constantly mad. Other times we lay in bed lovingly.

I was going over a thing where this girl I don't know was telling her ex, my friend, bitchy comments about my etsy store! She SAID I mislabeled a pair of pants as the wrong decade. Well, I didn't. But moreover, I don't know her! "You don't just criticize someone's work [by way of introduction]," I said to my (more or less) man.
Do you consider etsy your "work?" he said. He has real (: well-paid) artistic "work."  So he's askin me.

Yeah, I do, I said. The photos take work. I do a lot to make them look as good as possible, and the whole store is about aesthetic. It's my aesthetic. It's feminine, bold, a little trashy. That's what I like. It's everything I would have considered fabulous when I was eight--

A little what? he said. Say that again.

It's feminine, bold, trashy---

Trashy? he said. I like that. I like hearing you say that.

Pursing my lips, narrowing my eyes. He used to tell me I reminded him of the girl in one of his favorite  movies: True Romance. I looked her up: Prostitute. Cool. *Shrug of cynicism*

How did I fall in love with someone who sees me as a caricature?

He did- that's what interested him, maybe. Then he got to know ME- and I was even better than he thought, of course.
But not good enough. I don't know. I feel sad.

When you find someone to love, and then they drag you around.
If I was a meme-maker, I would show this picture:

and caption it:

WAITING FOR A MAN YOU LOVE WHO TREATS YOU RIGHT.

Actually, i hate the whole concept of "treat you right." Should be more normalized than that.

or

when you say GOODBYE FOREVER if you can't treat me with any modicum of normal decency and respect!!
than you never hear from them again and also they're mad at you because, obviously, you left because you NEVER REALLY LOVED THEM.

Oh, anyway. That's a little explanation of my aesthetic here at Ellen Ten Ten. Bold, feminine, trashy.

And never without love lorn, dammit. I bet that's an aesthetic itself, one I've unfortunately bought WAY into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...