Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

The Elusive Perfect Black Cigarette Pant


holdmygoldvintage


yesterdazed






amazon

I search high and wide for these elusive Pants of Perfection. A couple years ago I found an pair of black slim capris with side zip, made by Frederick's of Hollywood, at a consignment store. I think they were from the early nineties. I loved them. But somehow, after wearing them for two years or so, they just seemed slouchier and sloppier then when I had first zipped them up and felt the snug fit of satisfaction. Or actually, the satisfaction of a perfectly snug fit. Anyway, maybe they expanded with use. I don't know. In any case, they're at the Salvation Army now. I'd probably buy them if I saw them, honestly.


The perfect black ciagarette pants are darn hard to find in their perfect state. The ones pictured above from etsy might fit me, but that would only be if I sucked it in, wore a girdle, and didn't eat all day. I feel that would really drag my day down.... Talbot's is selling some, but those are really expensive, much more so than I think I would ever spend in all my life, even for a pair of pants that I would then attempt to wear all my life. Also, I'm looking for specific traits: size zip, high waist, and hopefully a little stretch. I've got a body like a bell: I can't easily do slim legs. I look like triangle, the little side down. The wide side being my hips, which look enormous without a little width at the ankle to visually balance them out.

Anybody else know of some perfect cigarette pants??

The search continues...

UPDATE!! Found em....




Oh yeah.... get em here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...