Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

...aaaAAANNND!..another treasury :) also, introducing Miriam.

'It's gonna be a bright bright sun shiny day' by sariahbelle



Vintage Four Square Esp...
$35.00

Bright Yellow 60's ...
$28.00

Iconic 70s Vintage Finn...
$200.00

Boys of Summer Bikini
$29.00

Sunshine Yellow Linen V...
$98.00

vintage GIVENCHY bright...
$69.00

Vintage 1980s Taxi Yell...
$25.00

Large Vintage South of ...
$28.00

vintage 1970s freelance...
$55.00

Vintage 80s Neon Yellow...
$20.00

Vintage 80s Shisha Mirr...
$75.00

Vintage Retro Ski Optik...
$40.00

Hot 'Lanta 80s Vint...
$49.00

Vintage Art Deco Hot Pi...
$25.00

vintage Madeline Yellow...
$18.00

Vintage 1980's Miam...
$25.00

Treasury tool by Red Row Studio.


Well now that I've mastered this treasury business, I'm all about them. I want to make treasuries to express my most inexpressible feelings: the New Mexico desert, circa 2004, and my impressions of it. "Tiger Eyes"-- my favorite Judy Blume book-- and it's effect on my young brain....

But, I've already spent a lot of time of the computer today, posting pics I just took of new shop items! They're flashy, they're fun, and I wanna wear some. Anywho, instead I'll just post someone else's treasury-- someone else who featured my yellow-and-black 80s bikini. They just love that stripey bandeau top! I'm glad too, because funnily enough, the coolest thing about the bikini top is the closure in front- a row of hook and eye closures with pleats. And I've just posted today another 80s bikini with the exact same seemingly unique feature. So odd- I don't think I'd even noticed an 80s bikini like that before, and now,two...ooooOOOOooohhh- weiiirrd...



Speaking of which- the model of the bikini is my mannequin Mariam. She's from Vermont and a very cool story it is of her coming my way. But that's neither here nor there right now. What I wanted to say is-- First of all, introducing Miriam! to the shop. Miriam, people who may buy clothes you model. People who may buy clothes, Miriam.

Now that's done...what I really have to say was this. After taking some pictures of Miriam in clothes I was going to put in the store, I had moved Miriam aside, using the dress maker's dummy instead. There Miriam stood, perhaps feeling ousted or worse by this faceless- nay, headless, in fact, cloth dummy. Legless, too. Armless- well, Miriam doesn't grudge an armless dummy; Miriam is armless too. Anyway there Miriam stood, naked, for all the world to see. But no one was looking at Miriam. Miriam was in the corner...looking..at ME. Yes, I felt it. I felt her glassy-- glass, actually, perhaps-- eyes, staring, boring into my soul, if not just the part of my brain that stores scary stories from childhood. Well my hair stood on end. Her eyes, her face, it stood so close to me, seemingly just about to tell my something...if only she had arms it seemed she would have reached out and grabbed me....



So I took her picture. I wanted to have a photo as proof of her human-like stare. Don't stare at it too long. She's just a mannequin. But I think I'll put her back in the basement before I go to sleep tonight. I don't want to wake up to her asking why and where I ditched her arms.

Speaking of which, it's a real job trying to get a low-cut bodysuit to stay on an armless body. And with that-- that's the shop update! Bodysuits, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...