Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Curtis Jere






It was a fine day when I found this beauty for my shop... at the very end of a Salvation Army trip, while waiting in line to check out, I spied the sculpture hanging from the second floor home decor section. "Hold on a sec!" I said to my boyfriend, and piled more things in his arms before beelining for the stairs. I'd never even heard of Curtis Jere. But I was happy with my treasure as I joined Jason back in line. "Hey," he said, looking over my prize, "it's even signed...."

Yup, it's a Curtis Jere. The name decided upon by two collaborators in the fifties and sixties, Curtis Freiler and Jerry Fels produced art for their company, Artisan House, from 1963 to 1972. They produced bronze and metal owls, flowers, the famous 'raindrops' peice, and abstract peices, and all of their sculptures had that special kind of groovy that the modern day is dying to be injected with.

Could you possibly need some groove in your life? This peice was made in 1966 and, while groovy, also has a more quiet charm. It adds much warmth to a white wall, as well as shape and texture. It can really be the centerpeice of a room.

Way to impress your honey for the holidays-- let him or her come home to find this gleaming on the wall. Or just indulge yourself and spruce up your home by quite a few steps by giving yourself this gift.

Sold here... http://www.etsy.com/listing/76550879/curtis-jere-sculpture-mid-century-art

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...