Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Mid-Summer Etsy Dreams...

I haven't posted in a while because it seems the summer is whirling by. Quickly, like. I meant to post some pics of summer, evocative and nostalgia-inducing pics of my summer activites, but I just haven't gotten my shite together. Besides that I guess I don't need to be nostalgic about something that I'm right in the middle of...right? Right. So instead, I'll just post a little etsy-blurb.




First off- here's a gorgeous model from Girl Least Likely vintage shop. It's a great shop with lots of really cute and easy day dresses. But more to the point right now: I love this model's hair, and I'm bringing these pics to the hairdresser, with whom I really need to set up an appointment. I always wait until looking at my hair makes me think the words "horse's tail." Then I say to myself, yep, it's time to get a haircut. Thank you, gorgeous model-- you are so cute. And now my hair shall be, too.



And second, look at these pants from Stella McCartney. They're so great! So chic! So easy! So elegant yet practical for everyday! Would they not transform any outfit into a fabulous one? Yes, my friends, we all know they would. But, now-- look at the price. The pants are $289.49. God help me they left that one penny off from $289.50 because that's just too much. Well, they ARE on sale...from ..from -- from $965.00!! Holy ... Dammit. Dammit, dammit, dammit. Well, these pics are from the Saks Fifth Avenue website. Sale or no, it's not like I thought I could buy them anyway. But the thing is I don't see myself ever feeling like two and a half hundred would be a good price to pay for pants. With that chuck o change, I could buy at least three quarters of the first page of my favorites from etsy! And that's something I would much rather do. What would I buy? Well, i just happen to have a few ideas on the top of my head...

These beautiful seaglass earrings, from seaglassin... They're so very pretty, and the extra bonus is that they'd be so nice to the touch, too. They remind me of gumdrops. Honestly I'd probably stick them in my mouth at least once. Gumdrops, the sea, green, earrings-- so many of many favorite things. I need these earrings!



I also covet this fabulous cardigan (from Saks, nonetheless! funny.)



and perfect simple sundress, both from In The Hammock vintage...



I want this gorgeous sweater, hand-knit from RememberADay, which seems perfect for those gorgeous early fall days which I will dare say are on the way, in the distant horizon....



And this beautifully bright and fun necklace from the PolkaDotMagpie is another piece of jewelery that is a joy to the eye but also seems fun for fondling fingers....



Le sigh. Such fabulous items! And would they all added up even be as much as that one pair of Stella pants? I actually forgot about those trousers already...fade away, Stella-trousers. I 'm too obsessed with my etsy favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...